CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A NEW DIRECTION FOLLOW US AT OUR NEW BLOG!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Who Are You?,,,Who Who Who WHO!

You know that CIS opening song? Well it played on the radio two times today, during our race to USCIS and back home before the school bus returned home with our daughter. I was instructed before getting fingerprinted a second time, "bring a note of no criminal record" from your local police dept. basically just 3 short secenteces that states I have no records on file with the police. Bright and early go into the station ask the officer at the window if they would do this for me. He and the other officers gathering around acted like this request was beneath them and said we had to go to the county office. "Come on, do something nice for a local family" "please don't make us run all the way over there. They clearly said no and turned me away. Yes anger was swelling, if I was in that positon I would of done it if asked. Well 30 additional miles later we got our "golden" letter and headed off to USCIS, Its a done deal and home with about 30 min to spare! I was told the turn around time for me would be 2 days, so hopefully some kind of notice Mon. Keep your fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

A few months, we had our local police station do our prints on 2 occasions, I noticed in the quaterly newsletter that an announcement that they were now charging to do fingerprints for village citizens. But at least, they did it!

Baby N's Mom said...

WOW!! What acrobats the people in the dragon costume are. Amazing!

Here's to hoping you hear everything is A-OK on Monday inregards to your fingerprints.

I'll need to do that myself in September.