CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A NEW DIRECTION FOLLOW US AT OUR NEW BLOG!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Not going to Happen


After two years it appears that we will not meet the 9/1 deadline. I am a strong person, so talk to me with straight answers. No more hearing that "we are hopeful" or "you might be ok", so with the current agreement and new surprise of needing the DIA letter sent to us by 9/1, its not going to happen, no way possible. This is hard saying, but better than expecting good news or the call that never comes, re-thinking all possible scenarios, hopes that we will just get by. I will tell you we are so darn close, the only small saving grace is we get to keep our "blessed number" with our agency. So if Vietnam does reopen our place is not lost. (there is more to this mix but too much to go into now) We have not officially pulled out yet, wondering if any dates will be extended. Truly what's another 6weeks in the scheme of this. So for how I am feeling, lets just say numb for now, starting to get a little angry thinking how everything is going down. At this point I am more sad for the families, PAP's all the people that are just financially getting by to make the adoption happen. The children will get homes, just not in the USA. Adoption programs will continue. I will add, hopefully US agencys will contiune the humantiarian aid, and that Vietnam keeps track of the support US agencys provide to programs within Vietnam.

3 comments:

Leslie & Shaune said...

i am very sorry.

Lina said...

I am so sorry to hear that you won't make it.

Anonymous said...

Kim, I'm so sorry. You've been an amazing advocate for VN adoptions and I pray your efforts might still encourage a short moratorium.

I appreciate your thoughts and prayers for my family. Your family is in my prayers, too. ~Gina