CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A NEW DIRECTION FOLLOW US AT OUR NEW BLOG!

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Palm Sunday


I have been caught up in all the "what ifs" with Vietnam, that I just wanted to go to church in peace, then remember that the kids really enjoy church school, Ok you guys want to go with me to church ? "yes mommy" Ok then get ready. Little did I remember until entering the church that today was Palm Sunday. My heart sunk, oh how will they sit through this? Well we are here now, lets get our palms (future weapons) and find a seat. So no break in the mass to release the kids for church school, we sit and hear The Passion with me telling the kids: Stop hitting that mans head, if you do it again I am taking the Palm way, Pick the Palm off the floor, it has a special blessing, Please leave that ladies Palm alone, Stop poking your brother with the Palm. Quit throwing the Palm in the isle. Ok collection time, here is money for each of you. Daughter puts her money in the basket and is proud that she is helping the poor, Son holds his money over the basket and refuses to drop the bill in, "no this is my candy money!"" I have to get candy with the nuts!" Give his hand a shake make the money fall in. then whisper to him...daddy will give you candy money. He was so close to a melt down, but dodge it! Ended the day with daughter saying "Easter is not just about the Easter Bunny" Well I guess my efforts did payoff!

0 comments: