CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A NEW DIRECTION FOLLOW US AT OUR NEW BLOG!

Friday, May 23, 2008

Every Where a chick chick....


Well we live in the country with only two cats, whats wrong with that picture? The kids are at the proper age to start caring for small animals, I have made an executive decision. Late last night I thought "we need some baby chicks" so I ran the idea by my husband when he was half asleep. I only wanted maybe 3, since each chick normally gives two eggs a week, however state law says minimum purchase must be 6. So we have six cute little chicks. They are called Americauna Araucauna and some are also R1Red, I can't tell them apart. One kind will lay Blue-Green eggs and the other Brown. The other issue is, they are too young to know if they are male or female. Only time will tell. They will be kept warm in the house for the time being, we love to hold and pet on them, (I am waiting to see what the kids will do when the chicks plop a #2 in their hands!) I have told them no matter what the chicks do "you are not to throw them to the ground" Our daughter has a real natural way with the handling, our son not so sure yet.

0 comments: