CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A NEW DIRECTION FOLLOW US AT OUR NEW BLOG!

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Mom the Hero!


We had about a 3hr window of special time today. I was busy working on drywall & cleaning, son watching the morning reading show. Then it dawned on me, "lets get the heck outa here". So with 3hrs before the school bus, we took off for the Zoo! The weather was so nice, you could feel spring in the air. He got ready super fast for the car. I want him to grow up remembering special times with just mom, or times when he is totally the center of attention. Believe me his days are numbered, when sharing me will not be easy. But anyway, I have a friend with 3 kids, and they make a point of each week to have a "date" or alone time with each child separately. I think that's cool! Ok I got off track of why I am a hero....Well, thinking of how he will have wonderful memories of seeing the animals, playground etc.. The only thing that impressed him was "skittles" were in the vending machine. Guess what? Only one package left. I had a one dollar coin and the machine accepted it, only to partially uncoil 89% of the package, leaving that poor package hanging for dear life. Ok tap the machine lightly, nothing, no one looking, give it a nice BANG...nothing no movement. no one looking still "lets rock it and let it BANG down! " Yes.. success we have skittles! My son was so proud, only for me to hear another parent that was watching. "boy you have a nice technique". I was a little embarrassed, maybe others would of just put in more money, but what the heck money is money right? (or I am just cheap) It really made me happy that my son enjoyed his Skittles, they were all his, and he did not have to share.

1 comments:

dwayne and melanie said...

What a great story, and what a refreshing break from all this adoption stuff. Yeah, referrals. I don't know if that moved us, but I emailed today to find out!