CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A NEW DIRECTION FOLLOW US AT OUR NEW BLOG!

Monday, April 7, 2008

Well I did it! Finally



We visited family this past Easter and my Sister in Law who is the "Official Car Seat Family Inspector" OCSFI, put us on notice that our daughter has outgrown her car seat. Her head is over the top of the back seat and shoulder strap a little cutting, our son starting to hunch with the straps on the highest setting. Where does the time go? We paid dearly on the existing ones, figure it out, two cars, four car seats, Two Kids. (Most would say why 4? just move them from car to car. Believe me once they are in, they stay in. If installed properly it should take an act of GOD to move them.) I sort of knew we needed upgrading but kept on waiting for that extra chunk of money that was always due to me. So this am, got online and researched some. Kinda knew what I wanted, I remember seeing a very sad YouTube video about a mom who regretted not having a proper car seat, so that stuck in my head for years. I will post it later. Our first set was the Triumphs highly rated still today, holds up to 60lbs. Great for rear facing. We got a good 3yrs out of them. Our new baby will still use them. The new ones BRITAX REGENT will hold age one yr at least 22 lbs and up to 80lbs. Yes 80lbs! Only forward facing. I will pledge to keep my children in a 5point harness as long as there is a seat to hold them. So we should get good use from these. I purchased them at bestbuybaby.com free ground shipping and no tax. So I pretty much got two seats for the price of 1.5. That's how it makes sense in my head. I urge all families waiting to research car seats, don't just buy one because its cute or has little ladybugs on them, you will regret it later when you have to make the purchase all over again. *Pink one was $249, Camel one was $229 from Bestbuybaby.com

http://youtube.com/watch?v=azgBhZfcqaQ To view copy link to your address bar for this extrememly informative video on "The Importance of a 5 Point Harness" I urge you to view this before you purchase anything.

0 comments: