CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

A NEW DIRECTION FOLLOW US AT OUR NEW BLOG!

Monday, April 28, 2008

Stop n Smell the Roses




Basically take time out, enjoy life and the surroundings of spring and nature and new life. I will apologize first, my last couple post have been a little graphic regarding bodily functions. This won't be much different so sorry.

So we are coming home from church. I took the back country roads, had on some nice driving music, just taking it slow and enjoying the local farms, trees in bloom and the animals enjoying the new grass. Then we notice about 20 new calf's in the field with the mommies, some are napping, some are nursing. Then around the corner I see one big cow in the back all by herself. I know this means she is getting ready to deliver and by the mooing it sounds like soon. We pull over the car, instruct the kids to stay quiet and we walk up to the fence. My son is more impressed with playing with the dirt roadside, however my daughter looks on with wonder. She knows some of the "birds and the bees" so this was perfect timing. The cow gets up twists around some, continues this for a few more times. This may sound horrid, it turns out we missed the birth, the baby was behind a clump of weeds about 10 feet away, what we were watching was the passing of the "afterbirth" Gross! Did I mar her for life? She still seemed impressed. This probably won't be my last screw up, but at least they will have memories of mom taking time to teach them life and how to observe your surroundings.

0 comments: